Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How can I start repairing my credit? The first step is to dispute your accounts. The key is making them validate your accounts within 30 days or else they have to delete it. Most people forget to do the next step which is to send a follow up complaint saying the account is still on the report. We teach you how to do this step by step in our free Credit Repair Hacks eBook.
2. How can I boost my score quick? All of our students start by adding credit booster accounts. One credit formula hack we teach is getting the right credit mix. That’s 3 revolving accounts (credit cards, line of credit, etc.) & 1 installment account (loans). We recommend getting the Milestone Card credit builder because it does not require an upfront security deposit and they don’t check your credit when you apply. Check them out here: Credit Boosters
3. How can I start repairing my credit? The first step is to dispute your accounts. The key is making them validate your accounts within 30 days or else they have to delete it. Most people forget to do the next step which is to send a follow up complaint saying the account is still on the report. We teach you how to do this step by step in our free Credit Repair Hacks eBook.
4. What is credit repair? Credit repair is the process of improving your creditworthiness by addressing and resolving negative items on your credit report. It involves reviewing your credit history, identifying errors or inaccuracies, and working towards improving your credit score.
5. How can credit repair help me? Credit repair can benefit individuals with poor credit scores or those who have inaccuracies or negative items on their credit reports. By addressing these issues, credit repair can potentially increase your credit score, making it easier to qualify for loans, credit cards, and better interest rates.
6. How long does credit repair take? The timeline for credit repair varies depending on the complexity of your credit situation. Some individuals see improvements within a few months, while others may take longer. It's important to note that credit repair is not an overnight fix, and patience is required to achieve sustainable results.
7. Is credit repair legal? Yes, credit repair is legal. The Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) gives consumers the right to dispute inaccurate or outdated information on their credit reports. However, it is essential to work with reputable credit repair agencies that comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
8. Can credit repair remove accurate information from my credit report? No, credit repair cannot remove accurate information from your credit report. However, it can help you address and correct any errors, inaccuracies, or outdated information that might be negatively affecting your credit score.
9. How can I maintain good credit after repairing it? Maintaining good credit involves responsible financial habits, such as paying bills on time, keeping credit card balances low, and avoiding excessive debt. Regularly monitoring your credit reports and promptly addressing any issues or discrepancies is also crucial for maintaining good credit.
10. Can credit repair services help with bankruptcies or foreclosures? Yes, credit repair services can assist with the removal of errors or inaccuracies related to bankruptcies or foreclosures. However, it's important to note that legitimate negative information cannot be erased from your credit report. Credit repair agencies can only help you address incorrect or outdated information.